I'm sharing with you what my daily foundation routine is like. I have normal skin so i don't use primer on days when i will not be doing much errands. I prefer a foundation routine which is light weight and will 'glow' once i am out. My steps will be moisturiser, concealor for the under eyes (in this entry i omitted that), foundation, powder and blusher/bronzer.
For concealing, a separate entry can be found here ( HOW TO : Conceal Under Eyes Discolouration )
Matte skin products which provide full coverage are nice but throughout the day, it can be patchy or slide off the skin especially for those with oily t-zone. Therefore, full coverage products are not exactly the holy grail of a DAILY face. I have seen crack lines on make ups for some who wears excessive Kryolan Stick foundation set with Mac Studio Fix on daily basis. It is not exactly good for your skin to be covered daily with a layer of that much and thick foundation.
We are not talking about bridal/runway makeup here so do not be confused :)
A general rule of thumb for myself would be a combo of these:
- Liquid foundation light to medium coverage set with compact/loose powder.
- BB Cream or liquid foundation light coverage set with two way cake.
- Cream or liquid foundation medium to heavy coverage set with loose/translucent powder.
Some of my favourite heavy coverage foundation would be Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation, Covermark basic or Revlon Colorstay.
For light to medium coverage favourite would be Bourjois Flower Perfection foundation. Smells good and for myself, the coverage is just nice to even out the skin tone.
For the pictorial below, i used :
Bourjois Flower Perfection foundation in no. 55
Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation in 240 for the mild contour
Two stippling brushes
Bourjois Healthy Mix compact powder
MAC mineralised skin finish in Comfort for the contour/blush.
- Apply foundation underneath the eye, above the jaw, nose bridge and a bit on the temple and blend using stippling brush with a swirling motion.
- Apply a darker foundation below the cheekbone, side of nose bridge and blend again. Apply compact powder with a sponge, dabbing it.
- Lastly, use a bronzer and apply lightly below the cheekbone.
If you do try it, tag me on Facebook or #makeupmakeout on IG.
Have a good week ahead :)